Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review - Oh So Special


It’s only weeks ago that Sleek MakeUp launched their Mediterranean collection, a nice and colorful collection, perfect for the summer. You might have seen the palette and the blush here on Life Fascinations! I used both of them for my Hawaiian dare tutorial.

You may have noticed that as much as I love Sleek, I don’t do palette reviews here on my blog. The reason is that I think that when a palette is released or any other popular product, everybody is talking about it. Every blogger blogs about the same thing, the same names, same swatches… With only different blogger and different pictures. You can search in Google for all kind of reviews of a product. So instead of that, I make tutorials with the product, so you can see how you can use it.

But today I’m going to ignore my main reasons and do a review on my super new Sleek ‘Oh So Special’ palette.

If you want to see this holy molly of a beauty, just click for more.


I know I know…
Again about Sleek. But what the heck, I love this brand and I think I’m making you love it to. Hopefully you’re not getting addicted like I am. He he…

The Sleek family has grown with a new young family member, the Oh So Special palette. A nice neutral combined with some peachy colors.


Let me first start with the packaging. W-O-W! Just wow! It’s really beautiful. A black carton packaging with a very nice matte & glossy design and some pink, red, grey and maroon stripes on it. It has I-divine written on and also the name of the palette, which is ‘Oh So Special’.

Sleek has been putting a lot more effort in their presentation, their packaging lately. So nice and beautiful, a true eye candy! But I still find it quite a shame, because the palette itself is the same as always. Black with a glossy Sleek designed on. That’s really a shame. And again, the super nice designed carton packaging where the palette came in has to be thrown away because you just don’t need it. Shame, shame, shame.

Note to Sleek: Please print the designs on the palette itself and not the packaging.


The palette on itself is a real beauty. You all know that I love me some colors, but this is to puuurdy not to buy it. It’s has nice neutral colors, perfect for a neutral/nude look and also some nice peachy colors perfect for a fresh look. And that’s not it. You can also create some nice sultry and smokey looks perfect for a night out. Basically with this palette you can make day to night looks very easy.


The palette holds 12 different eyeshadow and as you can see Sleek has been keeping up with the name thing. I personally think that giving each eyeshadow a name is totally awesome. Especially when making tutorials.


From top row to bottom row: Bow (M), Organza (S), Ribbon (M), Gift Basket (S), Glitz (S), Celebrate(S), Pamper (M), Gateau(S), The Mail (M), Boxed (M), Wrapped up (M) and Noir (M).
M = Matte
S = Shimmer

Here are the swatches.
Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Pamper, Gateau, The Mail.

Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Pamper, Gateau, The Mail.

Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate, Boxed, Wrapped Up, Noir.

Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate, Boxed, Wrapped Up, Noir.
My favorite colors are definitely the deep shimmery purple called ‘Celebrate’, the dark shimmery  grey with a little blue to it called ‘Glitz’ and my super fav is the ‘Gateau’ which has like a duo chrome thing going on.

The texture of the products are great, they are soft even the matte’s ones. No fall outs, no chalky eyeshadow, no nothing. Just plain soft. Sleek has definitely improved their products and the pigmentation is excellent. See for yourself. All the swatches are made with no base, primer, no nothing.

Although I need to say that I recognize some of the colors in this palette. After my main excitement, I took a better look to this palette and saw that this palette is a perfect combination of the latest Paraguaya palette and also the Storm palette. Or at least they were inspired by these two palettes.




Do you see the resemblance? Don’t you think ‘Pamper’ from the Oh So Special and ‘Blush’ from Paraguaya looked just quite alike?

This palette is a Sephora Europe exclusive. Why? Because Sephora asked Sleek to create a palette that will suit every woman of any age and skin color. 
This palette is basically being sold only at the European Sephora’s. But after some googling I’ve found out that after its success Sleek Make-up will be selling it on their page and that it will also be available in the Superdrugs in the UK.

For my Dutchy readers this palette is also being sold at Alice & Jo.

And if that’s still not an option for you, you can buy it like me from eBay. There are many sellers on eBay, so watch out for the steep prices for this palette.
I bought mine for €10,40 including shipping at the eBay seller Vanity palace.

All by all I’m pretty happy with this purchase even though the resemblance of the two palettes.

I recommend this palette to anyone who loves neutral, sultry colors. And even though you’re a color lover like I am, I still recommend it; it’s great for those ‘less make-up’ days.

To my Sleek lovers, keep your eyes open for the super soon to be released Caribbean collection (6th July) and also if you liked this nude/neutral palette then be prepared for the in august released ‘Nude’ collection.

Alright, so I think you are quite good informed now and that this was it. 

Oh, one thing! Don't forget to enter for my current giveaway. A €20 voucher at Die Wil Ik Hebben (I want that).

A lot of brownies & peaches.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...