Saturday, January 21, 2012

Spring 2012 Makeup Trends


Again, I can’t believe how fast these days are going. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were ringing the New Year in. and now we’re just a couple of days away before January ends.

And you know what, all I’m hearing is … Spring is near, Spring is near!!!

Spring is my favorite season of the entire year. I love how happy everyone becomes, the sound of birds chirping, flowers are blossoming… just make me happy!
Along all the birds, flowers and stuff this beautiful season also brings new fashion and beauty trends. And by the way some already existed and are just making a comeback.

Couple of days ago while searching the interwebs for some inspiration for an upcoming awesome event *which by the way I’ll tell you all about when the time comes, especially for my Dutch readers* I stumbled on the website of fashion magazine Bazaar. And they had a special column on the S/S 2012 makeup trends. I thought ‘Hey great idea! I can share this with my awesome fascinated dollz!’ 

So here it goes…



♥ An Array of Reds
Lipstick’s most iconic color was reinvented this season, proving that there are endless ways to wear a dramatic red. With inspirations that ranged from pop art expressionisms at Jason Wu to art deco experimentation at Rick Owens to Betty Draper-style elegance at Dior, it’s a great time to go for rouge.

The classic red. This is indeed lipstick’s most iconic color. It’s bold & beautiful * sounds like that soap :s *. 
Red is one of my favorite lip colors. I love how it can be worn both day and night, matte or glossy or even glittery depending how you rock it. And there’s even different red colors, if you don’t want to go for bright then choose a burgundy red which also is a beauty and nice for the winter.



♥ Modern Cat Eyes
The familiar flick of liner returned to the outer corners of eyes but this time fashioned with inventive, even playful, variations (who says that up-tick has to be tapered? Why not apply two layers of liner instead of one?).



♥ Power Brows
Both striking and feminine at the same time, the look of bold brows dominated the runways, recalling sixties-era icons like Liz Taylor. The best examples are darkened with pigment, brushed up, and shaped with a dramatic, willful arch.

Okay, so this I don’t get. Who wants to walk around with bushes on their forehead? I’m sure that I don’t.  I’m really not feeling these brows and I don’t think I’m ever going to feel them to. If you’re into this just stop trimming your brows, shape them and let them grow wild.



♥ Extreme Smokey Eyes
The seriously smudged-out eyes spotted on the runways made allusions to film noir beauty, troubled painters, and punk rockers. Beautiful and daring, the style doesn’t require a steady hand to pull off — just plenty of un-shaking confidence.

Just 2 words. Raccoon eyes! Or even better… Panda eyes! Me. Not. Likey! I’ll keep doing my normal smokey eyes, don’t need that extreme part.



♥ Sporty Cheeks
Athleticism inspired the dewy, sun-splashed cheeks seen backstage. Makeup artists mimicked the effects of the being out in the sun by contouring the high parts of the face with lush peach bronze. Skin even seemed sunburned at some shows — but in this case, the illusion proved to be prettier than the real thing.




♥ White Silver Metallics
Reflective washes of white silver sparked up the eyes and brow bones. The moonbeam hue subtly graced the lids at Chanel and Ralph Lauren while dramatic streaks of it were seen at Phillip Lim. No matter where the color is applied, choose a creamy finish, perfect for blending into skin so it seems to shine from within.



♥ Brilliant Pops of Color
The nude face wasn’t entirely nude — vivid bursts of color created a pretty, painterly effect that opened up the eyes and added warmth to the skin. While some looks are merely meant to be admired (that would be the red streaks at Miu Miu), others are equally creative and wearable. Take your pick.

Last year was color blocking and now its color popping. Okay now we’re talking. An almost nude look with a hint of color. I can totally see myself doing this. Okay wait, what am I talking about? I do this all the time.



♥ Doll Lashes
Designers went into the dollhouse this season. Whether curled or feathery, the precise lashes immitated the fixed fringe seen on painted, blinking eyelids. But leave it to Victor & Rolf to put a punk twist on this make-believe moment by showing off fuchsia lashes, which kept things from being too precious.

Love, love, love this! Longer lashes make the eyes look bigger and sexier. And they make the look complete. Now it’s the perfect excuse to start wearing false lashes other than for my tutorials.



♥ Glittery Eyes
Tin foil and fairy-dust went from the art supply aisle into the kits of make-up artists. Striking a balance between totally eccentric and daring chic, the embellished eyes answered the question of how to stand out in a crowd this season.

Who said that the glitter and sequins was only for last holiday season?



♥ Rosebud Lips
The darling buds of spring — ah so romantic, and so lovely on lips. The soft rose color blends in beautifully on all skin tones, especially when paired with a similarly toned blush, as makeup artists were fond of doing at the shows. Go for a creamy lipstick, then pat it in with the fingers or blot with a tissue for a delicate stain.


♥ Baby Skin
Skin barely touched by the hands of time or the sun is the complexion direction for this season. A good moisturizer and hydrating foundation with light-reflecting particles go a long to impart that enviable youthful radiance.

A good healthy glowy skin means treat your skin well. Drink lots of water and always do your daily face cleansing. Confession: I suck at the cleansing and also maybe on the water part. Need to start following my own advice.


Trends. Either you follow them or you don’t. For me there’s some of these trends that I really like *Red Lips, glittery eyes, color pop and doll lashes* but there’s also some that I got me asking ‘why?’. What do you think of these trends? And the real question… are you a trend follower or a trendsetter?

Kiss, Kiss & Love
Mz. J

* Source pictures and information: Bazaar 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...