Monday, May 28, 2012

Review || Megalasting Pink






A little disclaimer: My cuticles are a mess right now, I know! Sorry if you don’t like to see pictures like this. But this is a review about the product and not my cuticles.

Wet n Wild is the kind of drugstore brand that I’ve known since my teenage days. How great to see now how this particular brand has developed its products into some great non-expensive products that gives great results.

Like the other day I did an order on the NonPareil boutique and I order the Wet n Wild Megalast nail polish. What attract me to buy this was some the colors they had that were perfect for the summer. Think mint, lilac, pink, coral…
I really liked the mint, lilac and coral but unfortunately they were sold out, so I went for the pink one “Candy-licious”.

Candy-licious can be described as a bright Barbie pink nail polish color that has creamy finish. And I have to say that I really liked to color once I saw it in like real life. It’s way more pink then what I saw online.

Here’s what Wet n Wild has to say about it:
Sophisticated, classic colors beautifully accent any look. Long-lasting, opaque color provides 5 days of chip-resistant wear. A revolutionary resin polymer system creates exceptional color adhesion to nails. This resilient polish is calcium and mineral fortified to rebalance and prevent nail discoloration. Comes with a unique, full-coverage brush that glides on smooth for one-stroke application.

Before opening the bottle there’s a sticker of the brush that says ‘Manicurve Pro Brush’. And indeed the brush is really something. Okay not that much but still. It’s flat but wide, doesn’t have too long bristles and the shape is perfect. And during appliance it’s firm enough to work with. 
Applying the nail polish I noticed that’s it’s quite opaque with just one layer, but just to make sure I applied a second layer.

They promise that the nail polish can last up to 5 days chip-resistant. That I don’t know yet, but what I can assure you is that I applied this particular color on one nail couple of days ago without any base- or top coat. And at the end of that day I did some heavy cleaning and also the dishes. It didn’t even chipped ones! I was impressed! I was really impressed!

So with that said, I can say that I’m really going to buy more of these nail polishes in the near future. For the price of $1.99 and the results it gives I cannot resist to buy more.

What do you think of the color? Have you ever had these kinds of results with any inexpensive nail polish before?


Kiss, Kiss & Love
Mz. J
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...