Thursday, November 3, 2011

Victoria's Secret Metallic Eyes Palette - The Look


Yesterday I reviewed the Victoria’s Secret MetallicEyes palette and for today I have an eye look I’ve created with the palette. And I also have my second opinion on the palette after using it on my eyes.

At first I wanted to make a tutorial, but if you’ve been following me on Twitter you might know that I’ve been having some problems with producing my video’s with the program I’m currently using.
It kept me the whole day, trying to resolve the problem and looking for another program to use, very frustrating. And this also the reason why I created only a one eye look with the palette.

No Flash

With Flash

I used al the colors of the palette although you can’t see all of them on my eye.
The first thing I did was my eyebrows. I used Hema brow pencil in nr. 02. Then primed my entire eyelid with MAC Prep + Prime eyeshadow primer.


I’ve numbered the colors so you can see where I used them.
1 I used on the left of my eyelid, 2 on the center, 3 on the outer corner, 4 in the crease and smudged it under my waterline, 5 in my inner tear dock and 6 as an highlighter on my brow bone. And to finish the look I use the eyeliner and winged it and also added some false lashes.

With Flash

With Flash

No Flash
I found the colors easy to blend, at one point too easy that all the colors blended and you can define which color is which. And also I don’t find it that much metallic. They do have a shimmer, but that’s about it. And as you also can see, the eyeliner isn't that black, more brown-ish like.
All by all I think with this palette you can definitely create neutral but yet glam look for a night out. But the colors come out better on a lighter skin tone then a darker one.

What do you think of the eye look? Do you agree with me or not? Let me know in comments below.

Kiss, Kiss & Love
Mz. J
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...