Friday, February 11, 2011

Let's celebrate Carnival in Circus way!


I know that we are in February and most people are preparing for Valentine’s day. But during this time of the year on my home island Curacao they also celebrate carnival. It’s one of the most festive and colorful time of the year there. You have these parades through the streets, party here and party there. And it’s one of the season when you can go all out with your make-up.

So a couple of days ago I was feeling a little homesick and went to cheer myself up with this super colorful look. I used that much color that even my camera got the colors confused. But there was some pictures that came out great.

For me to create this look I used the Sleek Circus palette. It was an limited edition palette of last year.





For my Face I used:
·         Local brand day cream
·         Blackopal deluxe finishing loose powder - deep 05
·         Catrice Urban Baroque Illuminating powder

On my Cheeks:
·         Maybeline MNY blush - 501

On my Eyes:
·         Essence eyebrow kit
·         NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk (base)
·         Sleek Circus palette
·         Maybeline Colossal Volum’ Express
·         False lashes (eBay)

It's a lot of colors, I know :-)

And on my Lips:
·         Catrice Allround concealer palette
·         E.L.F. lipstick - Voodoo
·         Wet & Wild smoothy lipstick - 17

On my lips I first applied the concealer to nude out my lips. Then I applied the E.L.F. Voodoo on my outer lip line and then I filled it in with the Wet & Wild lipstick.

A tip I can give is when you’re applying this kind of make-up, always spray a special facial spray to set your make-up so it can last all day.

Take care & speak soon
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...