Friday, April 22, 2011

Review: The Orange Lipstick


Hiya ladies!!!

Here we are again. It’s clearly all about lips this week as I have yet another lipstick review for you gals today.

Bright colors are so in lately. It doesn’t matter if you’re wearing it or having those happy colors on your face. One of these colors is orange. 

My mom loves her some orange lips. I grew up seeing her almost always wearing orange lipstick. It’s like her make-up trademark.  and since I’m so into lipsticks lately –like I said before- and I was going through my lipsticks collection, I noticed that I didn’t own any orange colors.

So, I started my hunt for the perfect orange lipstick. I know that I didn’t want a bright neon orange lipstick and also not a dark orange almost red kind of lipstick. First I came across one of the newly improved Catrice lipsticks, but wasn’t much satisfied. So I kept on searching until a couple of days ago.

I was looking around in this chic upgraded version of a drugstore, named Marinus and found a super nice orange color lipstick of the brand Nouba. I swatched it and really liked it. So I was almost positive that I would buy it.  The only thing holding me back was the price. This baby cost €19,-! 

Before I go on, let me tell you guys something. Well, if you’ve been following my blog lately you may have notice that I buy a lot of budget make-up. I don’t own any expensive make-up yet, besides my MAC pigments samples from The Body Needs. So I decided that this month I’m going to invest in my make-up and buy my first ‘High End’ make-up products. Maybe it’s going to be from MAC or from the MakeUp Store. Or maybe I’m going to wait until Inglot opens their doors here in Holland next month?
I’m not saying that I’m going to stop buying and using my budget products. No…Hell No! I will still buy my products from my favorite budget brands. But I do want to try out some of those other products as well.


So anyway, back to the Nouba Lipstick. With all of the above in mind I gave it a go and bought the lipstick.


I bought the orange lipstick number 62. It comes in nice little black package with Nouba written on it with ‘Lipstick 62’ on top. After un-boxing the lipstick I got this sleek matt black case also with Nouba written on it, which looks quite chic.


And let’s move on for the fun part. As you already know the color I got is orange. It’s a nice shiny lipstick mixed with nice golden shimmers in it.


As for the performance, the lipstick is very much pigmented. Although I think that I might need to apply some lip eraser or a little concealer on my lips before to bring out the color even more. I think that the color would be much nicer that way.  It’s also very smooth though not much creamy.


When I first applied it on my lips I didn’t like it that much and that I’m going to send it for my mother. But after growing on me I loved it. Perfect for next week on Queensday ;-)
By the way, stay tuned these next days for an Orange Queensday look. Maybe I’ll try again to make my first tutorial.

 
So, what do you think about the orange lips for this happy seasons? Is it a ‘Go’ or a ‘No’? Let me know in the comments!

Bunch of orange kisses!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...