Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tutorial || Bright Lips



Lipsticks colors can be quite confusing and deceiving sometimes. They look really pretty on pictures, swatches or even on the tube itself. But ones you apply it on your lips it’s way too bright.
Since I’m a lipstick kind of girl, this happens quite often with me. Like the Viva Glam Nicki. I was over excited to get this lipstick. It looked so pretty in the ad, on blogposts and the swatches were to die for. I wanted it really bad. And since it was color develop by Nicki which happens to be a dark skin tone woman (I know, she’s not that dark), I thought that this might suit me well.
To my little disappointment it was a tad too bright for me. I looked really weird with it, so I started to think that this was a waist of my money.

And then YouTube came to my rescue! 

While watching a tutorial I saw this girl apply a lilac lipstick on that looked too bright but suited her perfectly. What did she do? Well she applied a darker color lip pencil, like a deep purple to define her lips and then filled the rest of her lips with the lipstick.

In the video above I’m sharing how I do this method and now how the Viva Glam Nicki looks better and less bright on my lips.

Disclaimer: I’m not saying that this method will work with all your bright lipsticks, but it might help with some ;)

What do you do with your lipsticks that are just too bright for you?

Kiss, Kiss & Love
Mz. J
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...