Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Years Eve Look


On New Year’s Eve I celebrated among my friends. We had a great time, saw some fireworks, ate delicious food, and drank champagne… anyway, like I said we had a great time.
And you guys know for an awesome night you need to have an awesome makeup, especially if it’s the last day of the year.
So I went all out and use a little bit of everything… colors & glitter, just the way I like it.


I started up applying my moisturizer. With the windy and cold weather my skin can dry out really bad.

Then I skipped the foundation part because since I’m going to work with glitter I wanted to prevent making even more a mess. So I primed my eyes using my favorite primer the Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

To get a clean catty line I use the stick tape trick. Be sure when sure doing this not to take your eyelashes with.

With an eye shadow brush I started applying ‘Cappuccino’ of Sleek’s Au Naturel palette on the inner half of my eyelid. With the same brush using the other side I apply Sugarpill’s ‘Tiara’ on the other half of my eyelid and thereafter with little wiping motions blend the 2 colors in.

Using the small smokey brush from Essence I apply Sugarpill’s ‘Poison Plum’ along the tape line and in my crease and blend.

After all of this I use a wide eye shadow brush and apply ‘Nougat’ of the same Sleek Au Naturel palette as highlight on my brow bone.


With Eye Kandy’s liquid sugar I apply some glitter on the outer V of my eye. The glitters I use were the ‘Hologram silver gliz’ from Magnolia Makeup and Too Faced’s Glamour Dust ‘Glampire’.

After all this glitter I removed the tapes and use a new piece of tape for the remove – glitter – with – tape trick.

And then again with that same Essence smokey brush I picked a little bit more of Sugarpill’s ‘Poison Plum’ and smudge it under my lower lash line.

Also apply a little of ‘Gateau’ of Sleek’s Oh So Special palette in my inner corner for a brighter look.

Apply some black liner which was a little tricky because of the glitter but I still managed to do it. I also apply some black liner on my waterline and to finish the look apply a lot of mascara coats. I could have applied false lashes, but didn’t feel like to do it.

For the rest of my face I primed it and apply my foundation. I found myself lately going back to my Sephora mattifying foundation since it feels lighter on my skin and not cakey at all. I concealed under my eyes using Bobbi Browns corrector and creamy concealer. Set my face using Essence new translucent mattifying powder with my big fluffy powder brush.

After all the face basics I filled my brows in and set them using Anastasia brow gel from my November Glossybox which btw is quite good.

For my blush I use Sleek’s ‘Santorini’ and my favorite highlighter ‘Sunrise’.

And my lips were sealed with another Sleek product which is the matte lipstick ‘Mystic’ and added the glossy-ness with a clear lipgloss.

Pfew! That was quite some text. I hope that you guys got the steps. And also I hope you guys like the look. If any of you remake this or something like it post and share it on the LF Facebook page.

Blurry but still big kiss
 
Kiss, Kiss & Love
Mz. J
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...