Friday, April 8, 2011

Block that Color on your eyes!


Remember last week I posted an article about the new spring fashion trend Color Blocking? Well, I went on a trip called experiment and did a Color Blocking look!

All those bright colors together. I thought if you can wear it; why not make a make-up look out of it?! So I got inspired by this Gucci SS2011 collection outfit.


Am I making you curious to see how it came out? Then click to see more…

I promised you guys my first video tutorial and I wanted to use this look for my first tutorial. 

But after making the video, I wasn’t much happy of how it came out. And as I am a perfectionist, I didn’t want to post something that I didn’t like. But don’t worry, I will be posting my first YouTube tutorial soon. 

Anyway back to the look, this how my Color Blocking look came out.



Face:
First I started out applying my daily cream on my face and after that use a face primer so my make-up will last longer. I used a local brand day cream (Kruidvat) and Sephora’s Smoothing primer in clear.

The next step is to apply your foundation to even your face out. Then use your concealer under the eyes and also if needed to cover up pimples or blemishes. When finished with the foundation and concealer dust your face with your face powder to set in your foundation and concealer.

As foundation I use Sleek’s Crème to powder foundation in Deep Sable, E.L.F. Tone correcting concealer in Honey and to set I used my Black Opal Deluxe finishing powder.


Eyes:
As a first I always apply my eye primer -Too Faced eye shadow insurance- all over my eyelids. After that I use my NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk all over my eyelid as a base to intensify the colors even more.

The first color to apply is a orange color. I use the color Tangerine from The Body Needs. I applied this color in the inner corner of my eye and also a little bit under my waterline.

The second color to use is the bright green color from Catrice – Who is Kermit?. This one I applied on the center of my eye lid and almost on the outer corner. After applying this color I use my blending brush to blend the tangerine and green with each other so you can’t see a harsh line in between them.

And for my crease I used my crease brush to apply the bright and frosty purple from Sleek’s LE Circus palette. Here I also use my blending brush to blend the colors into each other and also to blend out the purple all over my brow bone.

And as a highlight I use a pigment from “Natural Glo Color” on my brow bone. This pigment doesn’t have a name or number, so I’m going to try and explain it for you. It’s a slightly white color with a nice golden/purple finish.

Then to finished the look I use Catrice’s ocean blue color – Don’t Drink and Drive as an eyeliner, then a blue metallic eyeliner on my waterline and Sleek’s eye dust – Hypnotic below my waterline.

For my lashes I use Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express.
And for those eyebrows I use my good old Hema dark brown brow pencil to fill them in and after that use the Essence Lash & Brow gel mascara to set them in.

Cheeks:
As a blush on my cheeks I use for the first time my E.L.F. Cream Blush – Heartbreaker. I applied it with my flat topped E.L.F. powder brush.


Lips:
To make the color pop even more I firstly use a pink lip liner from a local brand (Hema) and lined my lips and then fill them in. And after that I use a hot pink lipstick also from a local brand (DA drogist).


Finish:
To finish off the whole look, I use to the E.L.F. High Definition powder all over my face to mattify this shiny face of mine.



I personally love the color combination; they work so well with each other. And after making this look I’m having the itch to make more of this kind of look. So watch out girls, because there may be more Color Blocking looks coming up.

What do you think about this look? Would you dare going out sporting this on your face?

Leave me a comment or two, don’t forget to subscribe and most importantly take care of yourself and those around you.

Speak soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...