Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween look: The Silent Glitter Zombie


Happy Monday and also a Happy Halloween!

Halloween is the holiday that’s known for trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving, costumes and candies!!! But in the beauty world it’s also the holiday where everyone gets wild and make the most awesome Halloween inspired tutorials!

I never grew up celebrating Halloween, wasn’t much into it. But still I get so fascinated with all the make-up looks.

For this year Halloween I wasn’t that much inspired though until last Saturday night where I suddenly got this idea to make a simple zombie look.



For a list of the products and the steps that I took, click on for more. And also, this post might be a little picture overloaded ;-)


Here’s a list of everything I used to accomplish this look.
* Too Faced Primed & Poreless
* NYX Jumbo Pencil – “Milk” and “Black Bean”
* Sleek foundation – Cannelle
* E.L.F. HD powder
* NYX HD Eyeshadow base
* Sleek Curacao – “Tequila Sunrise” and “Espresso Martini”
* Make Up Academy (MUA)  eyeshadows – nr. 19 and nr. 20
* LA Splash Eyeshadow base/sealer
* SugarPill – Stella
*Catrice Gelliner  in black
* Catrice – Lipstick ultimate shine – nr. 140
* Sleek lipstick – Orchid (discontinued)
* eBay – False eyelashes




And here's all the steps to accomplish this look.
Step 1: Start with a clean face and apply a primer. I’m using too faced primed & poreless.

Step 2: Apply a lighter color foundation than your usual color on face and neck. For me, I don’t have any lighter foundation so I combined the Sleek  foundation with NYX Jumbo pencil Milk to make an paler face.

Step 3: Set the foundation. I’m using the ELF HD powder.

Step 4: Apply a your eyeshadow base of choice on your eyelids to prevent creasing. My choice was NYX HD eyeshadowbase.

Step 5: As a black base I use NYX Jumbo pencil black bean for a more intense black. And blend it good on the eyes.

Step 6: For the eyelook, after applying the black base , apply a orange color e/s on the eyelid. And from the outer corner and crease set the rest of the black base with an black e/s. I use ‘Tequila sunrise’ and  ‘Espresso Martini’ of Sleek’s Curacao palette.

Step 7: With an fluffy brush and black e/s (I use MUA nr. 20), blend and darken all around the eye area to create the ‘dead zombie’ look.

Step 8: Now for the fun and messy part. Apply glitter glue first on the orange part and then on the black part and apply your glitters. On my eyelid where it’s orange I  use Pumpkin Pie of Eye kandy Cosmetics and on the black area SugarPill’s ‘Stella’ and Eye Kandy Cosmetic’s ‘Marshmallow’. Don’t worry about the glitters fall outs, they just give something extra to the look, afterall it is messy, don’t need to be perfect.

Step 9: Apply false lashes, mine where from eBay.

Step 10: Do the eyebrows and fill them with a black gel eyeliner. I use Catrice gelliner.

Step 11: Contour the face with a black blush/eyeshadow and blend it with a dark brown color. In my case I use MUA nr. 19 (dark brown) and nr. 20 (black e/s).

Step 12: To complete the look you can just apply your lipstick and be done or you can add the sewn lips like me. For the bloody ripped lips I use 2 lipstick colors – Catrice nr. 140 (red) and Sleek ‘Orchid’ (deep purple). And the sewn part with black eyeliner – Catrice Gelliner.



All that glitters

That’s it! Sorry if I creeped you out. But oh well, that comes with the look.

What do you think? Should I do more Halloween looks next year? And how about your Halloween look? Let me know down below in the comments.

Happy Halloween and a blessed week!

Kiss, Kiss & Love
Mz. J
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...