Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bronze on the eyes and Red on the lips – The Rihanna Vogue look



Rise & shine, Dollz!!! It’s a beautiful Sunny Sunday, the first day of spring! So get out of your bed and your PJ’s and enjoy every bit of this joyfull day!

It’s been almost two weeks since I posted a make-up look. Due to the lack of inspiration & time. It’s so that I wanted to do a celebrity look, but not one that most of bloggers have already done. I wanted to do a different one. 
So I went searching…searching…and searching. And finally I came across the April issue cover of the Vogue magazine. The cover-girl is no one other than the lovely Rihanna. She’s rockin’ a great mermaid-ish look with neutral/ bronzy eyes with some red hot lips that goes along with her fiery hair. I thought immediately ‘This is it!’
 
Do you want to know how my look came out, then keep on reading for more.

Rihanna who is one of the most successful music artist right now and becoming an fashion icon, finally got the chance to be on the cover of ‘The’ fashion magazine “Vogue”. She first had a chance back in 2009, but after her ‘pictures’ leaked out, Mrs. Anna Wintour said no no no on Miss Riri on the cover.

Anyways, back on the look for today. I used Riri’s look as an inspiration. She has a nice glow on her skin with a brown/gold/bronze look on her eyes that combined perfectly with her skin tone, very natural. And to give that ‘WOW’ effect, she had some red hot lips!


I tried my best at recreating the look, which at first was a tiny bit difficult. But I think that after all it came out pretty well.



These were the products I used.

Face:
* Day cream
* E.L.F. Face primer
* E.L.F. All over cover stick – Toffee
* Black Opal deluxe finishing powder – 05 Deep
* E.L.F. Tone correcting concealer - Honey
* Catrice illuminating powder
* E.L.F. High Definition powder

Eyebrows:
* Hema eyebrow pencil - light brown nr. 11
* Essence eyebrow gel

Eyes:
* Too faced shadow insurance
* Catrice eye shadow – Mr. Copper’s Fields
* E.L.F 32 Limited edition palette
* Sleek bohemian palette
* Catrice kohl kajal – 030 Brown
* DA Fat Lash Mascara

Cheeks:
* MUA eye shadow – Nr. 19
* Sleek blush – Sunrise

Lips:
* Hema lipliner nr. 21
* Rimmel red lipstick - Temptation
* Sleek pout polish - Scandalous

First I applied a day cream, primed my face and then apply the all over cover stick all over my face. Used the concealer, powder my face and shape & fill in my eyebrows.

When it came to my eyes I first primed them with my Too Faced shadow insurance and after that I apply the brown color of my E.L.F. palette all over my eyelid. Then apply the Catrice shadow on my outer corner. After that I used the bronze color of my Sleek Bohemian palette in my outer crease and also a little in my inner crease corner and then blend all the colors together. To give a little more depth, I used the matte brown shadow also of the Sleek Bohemian palette in my crease and then again blend it. As an highlight I use the light cream color of the E.L.F. palette and apply it on my brow bone. And to finished off my eyes, I took the Catrice brown kajal and apply it as an eyeliner on my eyes, on my lower and upper waterline.

As for the rest of my face I use the MUA nr. 19 shadow for contouring and apply the Sleek blush lightly on my cheeks. And for that glow, I use my Catrice illuminating powder on my cheek bones.

After all of that I went on to my lips. I shape my lips with a lipliner, apply my Rimmel London lipstick and to make my lips vibrant red and to shine I use the Sleek pout polish Scandal.

Last but not least, to finish off the whole look I powder my face with E.L.F. HD powder.


What do you think about this look?

And don’t forget about my giveaway. Enter, so you can have a chance at winning. It ends on 31st of march. 

And as always, leave me a comment, follow my blog and my FB page, take care of yourself and we’ll speak soon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...